- We collect information about you at different stages; During set-up and During use of the CIRCLE Mobile Application; a) During set-up: When you create an account, we may collect your Personal Information such as your first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number. We also collect the mobile numbers of the people you have nominated to be part of your network. People you have nominated are sent an SMS or email ‘Invitation’ message asking that they accept your request and this involves them downloading the CIRCLE Mobile Application. b) During use: When you send a; ‘Collect me’, ‘Interrupt me’, ‘Request location’ or a ‘Check-in’ message we collect your geographic location and handle the sending of this information and a relevant message to your network of family and friends. This includes retransmitting these messages if you don’t send a Location message within 10 minutes of sending an alert. In addition we also send follow-up messages to members of your network 24 hours after you have sent a message to make sure you are OK.
- When we are formulating an alert message we collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS or WiFi to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service.
- If you have subscribed to safety related notifications, CIRCLE may from time to time send you messages.
- When you visit our website or use our Mobile Application, we may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes click stream data that we can use to see how you interact with links on the website. We use this information to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, web pages visited.
- If you wish to opt out of the collection of website tracking data you will need to adjust the settings on your browser. Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools.
- We will not share your Personal Information (specifically, your first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number) with third parties without your consent, except with others within your CIRCLE network.
- We may strip data of all personal identifiers and summarise / aggregate alert data for all users to understand how CIRCLE is being used so we can improve the service we provide and to see if there are any locations that seem to be consistently generating a high number of alerts.
- We plan to share details of high risk locations with safety teams in your local council. This is to make sure that, if there are places that seem to be particularly unsafe that local safety teams can decide whether there is something that needs to be done to improve safety, for example, additional street lighting, changing police beats etc.
- Except as described above, we will not disclose Personal Information to third parties (including law enforcement, other government entity) unless required to do so by law or if in our sole discretion, we determine it is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with legal process, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Users or others.
- CIRCLE cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only share your personal information with your network when you trigger a Collect Me, Interrupt Me, Check-in or Request Location message. In addition to this we will summarise anonymous usage data of all CIRCLE users to understand how the app is being used. We will use this information to improve the service we provide and to see if there are any locations that seem to be consistently generating a high number of alerts. We may share this summary data with councils so that they can decide whether there is something that needs to be done to improve safety in a specific area, for example, additional street lighting, changing police beats etc.